Monday, August 25, 2008

20 year class reunion

Darin and I attended my 20 year High school (Marysville Pilchuck) reunion this weekend. Friday night there was a dinner at the Embassy Suites in Lynnwood and Saturday a (very small) picnic at a park in Everett.

I really enjoyed getting to see some of my classmates and find out about their lives in the last 20 years. The best part though was on Saturday when I got to see my best friends from high school - Jill & Kari. Here is a "then" and "now" photo of the three of us.

THEN: This one is from our Baccalaureate with Jill on the left and Kari on the right.


NOW: From the picnic on Saturday with the twins swapped (Kari on the left and Jill on the right).



Here are a couple more photos from the weekend.

This is the group photo from Friday night - lots of scary red eye but sort of impossible to correct with a group that big. This is less than 1/4 of my graduating class. I was really surprised at how many people still live in the local area (we got a class directory and close to 90% of people still live locally - disappointing that more of them didn't come but nice to see the ones that were there).



This is the very small group of classmates that showed up for the picnic - still was fun to visit with people.

2 comments:

Traci K said...

Ah Jean, brings back some memories! I do remember Kari and Jill well. Fun to see that they haven't changed too much. And I recognize a few faces, but couldn't put names to them. Hoping school here doesn't interfere with dates for mine next year. I'd like to go. Glad you got to yours!

Shirley said...

That is so cool that you got to see your best friends from high school...and they're twin sisters!?! Well, my best friends from H.S. are also twin sisters, only they were a year ahead of me, and I've now known them for approximately 30 years!